Data Security Policies
CRISCO CONSULTING takes data security extremely seriously, and we place the rights of the individual and regulatory adherence at the heart of everything we do as a company. In light of our commitments, it is mandatory all staff members must observe and adhere to the following data security policies:
Data Storage Policy
- All information or data that is collected and processed is subject to all of the applicable requirements as outlined and documented within this policy. This includes information collected electronically, by paper, telephone or data collected through any other means.
- All data must be collected, stored and protected in a secure location appointed by CRISCO CONSULTING, for a retention period as predefined by corresponding legislature or company policy.
- Staff members are strictly forbidden to retain confidential information or personal data not relating to themselves on their personal devices. Exceptions to this policy include information that is needed for a purpose that is work-related, temporary and specified and approved by a relevant manager.
- Staff members should avoid downloading sensitive files or confidential information to local devices wherever possible. Information being necessarily processed for work purposes may be exempt from this policy.
- Employees must install and use software and systems that have been licensed and approved by the company on devices while carrying out the duties of their role. Downloading or using any software, app or system that is not preapproved by the company will require prior approval from the company’s IT Manager.
- All mobile and portable devices used by staff members should be approved by the company’s IT Manager and secured to prevent unauthorised access or breach. Personal devices could include a laptop, smartphone, tablet or any other handheld computing devices. This policy also applies to any shared cloud storage spaces.
- All internet access and online operations carried out by employees could be subject to monitoring and filtering in accordance with relevant legislation and company policy. This monitoring should be carried out only by the IT Manager or an authorised member of staff.
- Employees must adhere to all applicable elements of this policy when using personal devices to access company resources. Similarly, employees must observe and adhere to all applicable elements of this data security policy when using equipment provided by CRISCO CONSULTING to access information externally.
- Employees are forbidden from using public access devices. This practice is